Gentle gratitude and green with greed
- Not quite here yet but the cooler mornings are giving me hope that Autumn is on it’s way here
- That awesome husband of mine, maker of bookshelves, cleaner of kitchens. Who gets out of bed to turn lights on for me when I’m being silly after watching too much Supernatural, he also looks pretty nice in a suit.
- Crunchy leaves from my favourite tree the Plane tree, another sign of my favourite season Autumn.
I’d love to add this vertical garden to our kitchen when we finally finish. I wouldn’t mind the marble benchtops either.
Want more gratitude or greed in your day? Previous weeks are here.
A vision of gratitude and a voyage of greed
- I can now explain away my bad habit of buying many, many, house magazines as *cough* research. Love the benefits of studying in a field I am passionate about.
- & 3. I painted my nails for the first time since Eve was too little to notice, it was lovely to spend some time on me, even lovelier to watch her fascination at having her toes painted red.
Yes that’s right some lucky married couple is going to travel around Mars in 2018 and I wish it was us.
See previous weeks here
A dose of Gratitude and a dash of Greed
- Lovely delicious rich brownies, topped by meringue, made by Tyler.
- While we all have a horrible cold, Eve is still bouncing around and happily making us laugh, like here with her wedging a tissue behind her dummy.
- Needing a brain break from studying Architecture makes me truly grateful that I can stream my favourite shows like Grand Designs and The Block, shake your head at my idea of a break I know I have a problem
- My laptop screen which Eve destroyed by throwing a glass at will hopefully be replaced this week.
- Linking up with other Aussie Bloggers and their Facebook group Aussie Bloggers to love to share ideas and support. If you’re an Aussie blogger you should check it out too.
Made by Original BTC – I think the softness of this would be lovely in our bedroom
Need more gratitude in your day?
Visit my friend Jess at Icecream and Buckets
and Rebecca at Pomegranate & Seeds
Last year I did a gratitude journal one entry for every day of the year. It really helped me to focus on the good things that were happening even on dark days. I feel like already this year my focus is slipping away from the good things to the things that are lacking. It’s time to pull my focus back to the things that are good.
To help I’ve decided to start a new series, each week I’ll detail at least one thing I am grateful for and because I’m still me I’ll list one thing that I desire, because greed and gratitude aren’t mutually exclusive.
- My lovely husband chased the lovely people at &Tradition and organised a replacement shade for my lamp.
- My gorgeous rocking chair from Matt Blatt arrived, Eve loves it too! Thanks again to my generous supportive friends.
- My lovely friend has worked tirelessly to build a bond with Eve so that she can help take the pressure off when I’m not coping.
- I was lucky enough to be featured on Capturing Memories: The 52 Project by Lacy Stroessner.
I’m a very lucky lady.
Sold out online and not stocked in our local Target, insert sad noise here.